Who we are: Unique Home Designs, Inc. is a high growth, Arizona-based company that designs, manufactures, and markets security screen doors, gates, and window guards through multiple sales channels. Founded in 2003, the company has built a strong reputation with customers and retail partners alike, leveraging its world class manufacturing capabilities and strong heritage in custom designed, manufactured to measure, high end products to bring true product innovation and increased value to consumers at every price point.
About the position: The primary role of the Production Welder is to perform necessary production operations to accomplish correct assembly of complete or sub-assemblies of Aluminum Security and Screen Doors, as defined by responsible for the production weld operations of custom and standard sized manufactured doors, gates, and other home accessories utilizing schematics, blue prints and/or conceptual drawings.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential function listed below.
- Utilizes instructions, prints, schematics and work orders for various welding jobs
- Performs welding on Aluminum miter 4 ½ to 5 inches in length maintaining good bead and without burn through
- Fabricates and repairs products by utilizing appropriate equipment – including various metal inert gas (MIG) welders, hand grinders, riveters, punches, and drills and measuring devices. May also require the use of multiple hand tools when doing assembly
- Meets production standards for quality and efficiencies with MIG welding.
- Must be able to perform the tasks including but not limited to production M.I.G. Aluminum welding, drilling, taping, de-burring, sawing, grinding, and inspection as well as other bench operations as required
- Responsible for proper machine and tool setup as well as operation
- Must follow work order details and company procedures.
- Keep equipment and work area clean and orderly
Qualifications and Skills
- Must have High School Diploma or equivalent
- Requires a minimum of one-year of direct experience within a volume production welding and grinding environment.
- Must be able to read schematics, mechanical drawings and conceptual drawings and apply the information and/or instructions to the fabrication process
- Experience using various power tools and hand tools
- Must possess strong problem solving and communication skills
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures within the field of production welding
- Strong analytical skills
- Preferred valid weld operator certification or verifiable welding experience from prior employment
- May require lifting up to 70 pounds for materials and/or supplies
- Read and write English
Pay is $17.50-$18.50 DOE