The Accounting Company is seeking an energetic and enthusiastic "Accounting Clerk" who desires an incredible development, training and growth opportunity!
One of our clients, The Accounting Company, is a boutique accounting firm headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona, specializing in accounting outsourcing. While The Accounting Company provides accounting and consulting services to a variety of businesses in various industries; the primarily focus and specialist in the hospitality industry including hotels and restaurants.
Key requirements for the Accounting Clerk position include strong communication and interactive skills, problem-solving skills, ability to multi-task across multi-client work, strong excel and word skills, and ability to catch on quickly to a variety of client work in a fast-paced environment. Prior experience must include basic accounting data entry such as accounts payable, journal entry and sales data, and experience with bank reconciliations, sales tax returns and quick books is a plus.
- Communicates with client team regarding status of weekly data entry and provides feedback.
- Completes daily banking related activities, to include transactional data entry and weekly input of sales data
- Completes bank account reconciliations
- Processes Accounts Payable invoices.
- Interacts with vendors to reconcile and troubleshoot accounts
- Prepares monthly sales tax returns.
- 1-2 years in related accounting work experience and working in an accounting environment
- Must have computer experience with proficiency in excel
- Experience in Quick Books and M3 Technology software a plus
- Prior work experience in restaurants, hospitality or client services is a plus
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal required
- Must be able to work in a fast past environment with demonstrated fast and accurate data entry skills
- Problem solving skills, including follow through to ensure tasks are completed thoroughly and accurately
- Ability to work independently
- Detail oriented and strong organizational skills a must
- Ability to multi-task efficiently with multiple client responsibilities
- Ability to travel locally (greater phoenix area), on occasion to/from client locations