Barron Lighting Group has a 44 year old history of manufacturing high quality lighting products and is comprised of four (4) core lighting brands, EXITRONIX – Life Safety and the inventor of the LED Exit Sign, TRACE*LITE – Commercial/Industrial lighting solutions, SPECIALTY LED PRODUCTS (SLP) – Architectural LED lighting solutions and our newest addition; GROWLITE, providing high performance lighting solutions to the indoor horticultural industry.
Whereas we’re extremely proud of our history, we’re most excited about our future. We are a successful and growing privately held company headquartered in Glendale, Arizona with an established nationwide sales channel.
- Cross-trains as a back-up for the Invoicing, Accounts Receivable, and Accounts Payable positions.
- Prepares the Daily Liquidity Report for the Company's Dashboard. This report keeps Management informed of our cash flow position as it changes from day to day.
- Reviews and posts proposed inventory adjustments for propriety. If applicable, any cost tier adjustments for specific inventory items would need to be prepared and posted.
- On a daily basis in Comerica Business Connect:
- Reviews ACH Positive Pay pending items requiring an "accept" or "reject" decision
- Initiates requests for ACH and/or wire payments to vendors. For new vendors, a new ACH or wire template will need to be approved before and payments can be requested and approved.
- Checks the status of any pending ACH or wire payments previously submitted for approval
- Checks for any incoming ACH payments or auto-deductions reflected in the prior day's activity and notifies Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable.
- Every Monday, downloads the checking account csv file of activity for the prior week to assist in the weekly reconciliation of the checking account.
- Vouchers and applies payment for bank fees deducted from our checking account.
- Prepares journal entries to be reviewed and approved by the Assistant Controller to ensure the accuracy, completeness, and timeliness of financial information within MAS 500:
- Includes the appropriate and timely recording of intercompany transactions between Barron Lighting Group and MLS Realty (related party)
- Includes the appropriate and timely recording of intercompany transactions between Barron Lighting Group and Intelligent Lighting Solutions (related party)
- Posts manufacturing and sales order batches
- Reviews and posts Concur batches for employee expense reporting.
- Sets-up new customers in MAS 500 by region/state and update sales tax rates, as needed, to ensure accurate sales tax reporting. This includes new Amazon customers.
- In MAS 500, sets-up any commission splits and updates outside rep information as needed.
On a bi-weekly basis, vouchers and applies payment for payroll fees deducted from our checking account and prepares the payroll and other related journal entries. This includes the allocation journal entry for the 401k employer match. In addition, downloads all payroll reports which are posted to Google Docs.
- Effectively interacts with the production, shipping, purchasing, engineering, and sales departments to solve problems and resolve issues.
- Questions current accounting standard procedures for process improvement opportunities.
- Performs ad hoc reporting on an "as needed" basis and provides assistance for special projects.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- At month-end, prepares journal entries to record the payroll, workers compensation, and other related accruals.
- On a monthly basis, vouchers and prepares commission checks to outside reps, net of adjustments.
- Assists in monthly closings to ensure all steps on the month-end checklist have been completed and departmental deadlines are met. This includes the posting of manufacturing and sales order batches, the posting of the WIP journal entry, and running month-end inventory and other month-end reports on the last business day of the month.
- Informs Assistant Controller of any known items that need to be accrued as of Day 5 and as of Day 15 of the Closing Cycle.
- Reconciles assigned Balance Sheet accounts to the General Ledger. While most account reconciliations are prepared on a monthly basis, the checking account and Line of Credit (LOC) reconciliations are prepared on a weekly basis.
- On a monthly basis, code all employer/employee insurance invoices to the appropriate general ledger accounts.
- On a monthly basis, update the royalties tracking spreadsheet and ensure accurate and timely quarterly payments to vendors.
- Performs monthly, quarterly, and annual sales tax reporting to the appropriate state agencies.
- Assists in the preparation of the monthly Variance Report, as needed=
- Maintains a detailed listing of all Fixed Assets (updated for additions and deletions) which supports the Fixed Asset balance reflected on the Balance Sheet.
- Ensures timely property tax filings and requests for Corporate Commission Annual Reports with specific states.
- Annual recording of the vendor, customer and reo rebate programs.
- Assists in the preparation of Prepared By Client (PBC) schedules for annual audits:
- Annual Review conducted by RSM
- Annual bank audit for Comerica Bank
- Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum Experience: 1 Year
- Minimum Field-of-Expertise: Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and Income tax (IRS) principles
- Preferred Education: Bachelor's Degree
Preferred Experience: 3 Years
Preferred Field-of-Expertise: Knowledge of GAAP, Income Tax (IRS) principles, business financial systems, and accounting software applications
- Analytical - Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to supplement data.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively; Listens and gets clarification when necessary; Responds well to questions; Contributes thoughts, ideas and suggestions.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities for self.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
Interested candidates should apply in writing, with resume. Please copy this link into your browser to apply: https://www.barronltg.com/careers
Thank you for your interest.