LASER CNC OPERATOR $17-18/HR DOE
Great new opportunity in Gilbert with Unique Home Designs, Inc. a high growth Arizona based company that designs, manufactures and markets security doors, screen doors, and window security screens.
Responsible for all laser / weber machine operations including production procedures, quality control and routine maintenance.
- Responsible for the setup and operation of Amada laser / time saver / Elumatech milling machine process to perform trimming, hole, grinding, drilling, slotting and general metal cutting operations.
- Work from work order instruction sheets, engineering drawings, spec sheets and verbal instructions.
- Fabricates products at times by utilizing appropriate equipment – including various grinders, punches, drills and measuring devices
- Perform product inspection and notify supervision regarding defective conditions or abnormalities in production process and/or materials.
- Clean and perform regular maintenance on equipment using tools and methods specified in order to maintain the appearance and working condition of the equipment.
- Perform regular inspections of equipment and notify supervisor if additional maintenance is required.
- Maintain safe conditions by following guidelines and procedures for operating laser and handling metal materials.
- Responsible for proper machine and tool setup, operation and maintenance.
- Must follow work order details and company procedures.
- May require transfer of materials using hand trucks,
- Keeps equipment and work area clean and orderly.
- Read and write English
- Other duties as assigned by management and supervision
Education: Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent
Experience: Minimum 2 yrs experience operating machinery or 1 yr experience and 1 yr certificate from college or technical school – combination experience and education is acceptable
- Must be able to read schematics, mechanical drawings and conceptual drawings and apply the information and/or instructions to interpret the fabrication process steps
- Must possess strong problem solving and communication skills.
- Minimum 1 year experience and practical understanding working within a production manufacturing environment.
- Must be able to follow instructions – both verbal and in written form.
- Experience using various power tools, measurement tools, and hand tools.
- Able to work according to production schedules and deadlines.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good analytical skills, including ability to accurately calculate and record results
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations: None Required
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to complete routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively with supervision, and fellow employees within the organization
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as the fundamentals of basic math
- Ability to apply concepts associated to the use of measurement devices, including but not limited to tape measure, scales, squares, calipers, and the like
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
- Requires standing for prolonged periods of time
- May require walking periodically throughout the day
- Standing, stooping, bending, kneeling and squatting can be expected along with lifting, or with other means, transfer of tooling, parts, containers and raw materials
- May require lifting up to 70 pounds for materials and/or supplies
- Specific vision abilities required may include close vision, distance vision, peripheral and depth perception and ability to focus
- Requires exposure to manufacturing areas which may require the use of protective equipment such as safety glasses and hearing protection