About the role:
In the last year, Farmer’s Fridge has more than doubled in size and we are entering an exciting period of growth and expansion. We are looking for a process-driven person to help oversee our production operations, ensuring we can optimize and scale in order to meet the increasing demand for our product.
Our ideal candidate will be a highly effective communicator who enjoys facing challenges head on and celebrating big milestones with our incredible kitchen team!
This is a second shift role, with typical hours between 3pm and midnight.
What kind of person are we looking for?
- Goal driven and accuracy obsessed
- Approachable, strong listener with a love of leading and motivating a team
- Executer at heart - willing to do whatever is needed to get the job done, whether that’s rolling up your sleeves and chopping greens or recommending strategies to help protect the health and safety of our team and consumers
- Solid background in food production and a passion for our mission
In a typical week, you will...
- Build strong working relationships with all kitchen team members and help create a coaching culture by providing regular positive and developmental feedback
- Ensure all Farmer’s Fridge GMPs, operational guidelines, and quality standards are being followed and enforced
- Lead and direct the workflow of all production processes, in collaboration with shift and team leads
- Facilitate cross training for key roles to help advance team member skill sets and ensure daily coverage of all responsibilities
- Conduct root cause analysis for any safety or quality incidents or near misses and implement corrective action
- Identify opportunities for improvement and clearly communicate at team meetings.
- As necessary, resolve personnel problems by investigating issues, identifying solutions, and recommending action while treating employees with respect throughout the process.
- Cover operators, expeditors, assistant supervisors, and other key positions on shift in times of absence, vacations, and turnover
- 3-5 years of food prep, production or equipment experience
- 3-5 years of supervisory experience
- Ability to use MS Office programs
- Bilingual Spanish and English strongly preferred
- Experience with 6 sigma, 5S, Kaizen, Lean Manufacturing, or continuous improvements effort
- Traditional Benefits -- Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Short Term Disability, LTD
- 10 paid holidays
- Generous PTO policy
- Competitive starting salary & room for advancement
- Spontaneous company events and community service activities
- Work with a phenomenal team of individuals that are constantly pushing the market boundaries to offer healthy food at the utmost convenience.
About Farmer's Fridge
At Farmer’s Fridge, we’re committed to making wholesome, delicious food simply accessible, so people can live a little happier. We aim to remove the roadblocks to eating well on the go. That means sourcing top-notch ingredients, handcrafting meals in our kitchen, packing & delivering fresh to our network of Fridges and ensuring the best possible customer experience. Unpurchased items are regularly donated to local food depositories, providing responsibly sourced nutrition to community members in need. If you’re passionate about our mission to change the food system for the better, our team just may be the right fit for you.